Published: 24/02/2022 By Alexander ParishWho are the best Estate Agents in Diss?
Looking to sell and thinking of having a property valuation? Then choosing the right estate agents is vital. You need to ensure the valuations are honest and realistic. There is now more choice than ever before for homeowners, from online estate agents, hybrid agents and traditional high street based estate agents.
It is always recommended to have three valuations and it is important to do your homework first as to which agents will provide you with sensible valuations.
Local estate agents in Diss that are selling similar properties to yours will have a better range of comparison properties than a national estate agent with no local knowledge. Finding the value of a property entails careful market research as to what similar properties have sold for. Remember that asking prices can vary to sale agreed prices. The current local market situation should also be taken into account, alongside assessing several key factors including, position, situation, condition, internal and external size.
Be cautious that some estate agents can overvalue properties just to gain business, always ensure the valuation figures presented are based on similar properties that have sold or are sold subject to contract (SSTC).
A few hints and tips for finding the right agent:
- Listen to recommendations from friends, family and colleagues.
- Find out which estate agents are the market leaders in your area.
- Check out their online reviews.
- Find out how long have they been established for.
- Consider a mystery shopping exercise.
- Check if they advertise across all of the major property portals.
- Look at the similar properties they have for sale and have sold.
- Check the small print first, request or view online their terms of business, fees, and contract lengths.
- Ashton & Co
- Fine and country
- Musker McIntyre
- Starkings & Watson
- TW Gaze
- William H Brown
- Whittley Parish